- All Committee News
- SPIL Goal 1- Independent Living Services
- SPIL Goal 2 – Leadership and Empowerment
- SPIL Goal 3 – Growth of Independent Living Services
- SPIL Goal 4 – Support North Carolina Statewide Independent Living Council office
- SPIL Goal 5 – Promote Community Living
- SPIL Goal 6 – Designated State Unit Independent Living Services
- Contact Us
The North Carolina Statewide Independent Living Council (NCSILC) is a federally-mandated, not-for-profit, Governor appointed council. A majority of council members must be people with a disability. By federal law, the SILC is charged with:
- Developing a state plan addressing the provision of statewide independent living services (SPIL) NC SPIL 17 – 19 FINAL
- Developing and supporting a statewide network of Centers for Independent Living (CILs)
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the implementation of the state plan (SPIL).
Designate NC SILC as your Non-profit on Amazon Smile, a percentage of your purchase is donated!
SILC Staff Commitments
- We promise to persons with disabilities that we will provide leadership in planning activities and advocacy vital to improving their ability to live independently and participate fully in society.
- We promise to Centers for Independent Living that we will provide the training, research and comprehensive planning documents necessary to support the continued development of independent living services and Centers for Independent Living throughout NC.
- We promise to decision-makers that we will provide authoritative, reliable information necessary to evaluate policy options and to guide the allocation of resources required to allow persons with disabilities to live independently.
- We promise to the general public that we will pursue our mission in an open, honest and responsible manner, and that we will provide the public education necessary to ensure adequate independent living services for citizens with disabilities in NC.
Thank you to the Illinois SILC for the content of staff commitments