- All Committee News
- SPIL Goal 1- 8 CILs of NC provide quality services as needed to people with disabilities
- SPIL Goal 2 – Youth with disabilities in NC have increased leadership and empowerment
- SPIL Goal 3 -Independent Living Services in NC are improved
- SPIL Goal 4 – People with disabilities in NC live in the community of their choice
- SPIL Goal 6 – NCVRIL and DSB provide quality services as needed by people with disabilities
- Contact Us
SILC Quarterly Business Meetings are always open to the public.
All 2017 meetings will be held at the Country Inn & Suites in Burlington
Board Enrichment trainings will be held the Thursday afternoon prior.
2017 Meeting Dates
February 3, 2017
May 5, 2017
August 4, 2017
November 3, 2017
The North Carolina Statewide Independent Living Council (NCSILC) is a federally-mandated, not-for-profit, Governor appointed council. A majority of council members must be people with a disability. By federal law, the SILC is charged with:
- Developing a state plan addressing the provision of statewide independent living services (SPIL) NC SPIL 17 – 19 FINAL
- Developing and supporting a statewide network of Centers for Independent Living (CILs)
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the implementation of the state plan (SPIL).
Designate NC SILC as your Non-profit on Amazon Smile, a percentage of your purchase is donated!
SILC Staff Commitments
- We promise to persons with disabilities that we will provide leadership in planning activities and advocacy vital to improving their ability to live independently and participate fully in society.
- We promise to Centers for Independent Living that we will provide the training, research and comprehensive planning documents necessary to support the continued development of independent living services and Centers for Independent Living throughout NC.
- We promise to decision-makers that we will provide authoritative, reliable information necessary to evaluate policy options and to guide the allocation of resources required to allow persons with disabilities to live independently.
- We promise to the general public that we will pursue our mission in an open, honest and responsible manner, and that we will provide the public education necessary to ensure adequate independent living services for citizens with disabilities in NC.
Thank you to the Illinois SILC for the content of staff commitments