NCSILC is proud to serve our veterans and service men and women by providing links to resources by category. Check back regularly as we build our Veteran’s Resources List!
If you have suggestions for additional links and resources for this page, please feel free to contact us!
- Aid and Attendance Benefit – VA benefit to a war time veteran and/or surviving spouse
- American Association for Persons with Disabilites/Veterans
- American War Veteran’s Aid & Attendance Benefit
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Characters Unite: Disabled Vets -USA Networks in an
effort to fight intolerance and help make people of aware of the challenges faced by millions of disabled veterans.
- Computer Electronics Accommodation Program
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans-Transition Assistance Program
- DoD Veterans
- Disability Benefits for Wounded Warriors
- Disabled Veterans National Foundation
- DVA- Veteran’s Crisis Line
- DVA Mid-Atlantic Health Care Network
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Hire Heroes
- Homes for our Troops -dedicated to building homes that are designed to be fully accessible for severely injured veterans at no cost to them.
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Job Opportunities for Disabled Vets
- Make the Connection – shared experiences and support for Veterans
- Mesothelioma information
- Military Benefits-be sure to see their NC Veteran’s Benefits section
- National Association of Blind Veterans
- National Organization on Disability (NOD) Wounded Warriors
- National Resource Directory
- Our Bravest – An organization that helps build adaptive houses for severely injured soldiers
- Paralyzed Veterans of America -helps disabled veterans live fulfilling, active lives
- Paws and Stripes– a nonprofit organization for wounded veterans that works to provide service dogs for PTSD and TBI. The service dogs are obtained only from shelters, and are trained by professionals specializing in service dogs.
- Service Dogs – Guide on how to get a service dog
- Senior Veterans Benefits
- U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- USO: Wounded Warriors
- VA Caregiver Support
- Veteran Journal-Benefits & Military News for Veterans & Active Military Personnel
- Veterans and Mesothelioma – Information regarding the exposure many veterans experienced
- United Spinal Association: VetsFirst Service
- Wounded Warriors Project– great list of resources and programs!
- Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation– dedicated to serving our nation’s combat wounded by providing world-class outdoor sporting activities
NC Veteran’s Services
- Disabled American Veterans-NC
- Governor’s Focus on Returning Combat Veterans and Families
- NC Veterans
- NC Dept. of Administration: V.A.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars- NC
- Veteran’s Benefits – North Carolina
- Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender Counties- Disability Resource Center- CIL– List of veteran’s resources